Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Journal Entry 77: Slang

Slang is the use of informal words and impressions that are not considered as standard in the speaker's language or dialect. Well, I think the common slangs we use now is like "LOL", "LMAO", "ROFL", "LMFAO", "IDK", "WTH", "WTF" something like that (I'm not even sure about those acronyms; are they considered as slang? Actually I think it's a slang, because I heard some people use IDK in class or something like that). So those acronym mean like --> LOL stands for laugh out loud; LMAO stands for laugh my ass out; ROFL stands for rolling on floor laughing; LMFAO stands for laugh my fxxxxx ass out; the rest of the "slangs", yea, you guys know what those stands for. Nowadays, I think people use dude, man, bro some stuff like that to call other people. So, examples are like, hey dude wassup??. Or, LOL!! Man! LMAO!! Well, I don't even know why people use dude for men and women; so sometimes my sort of 'friend" (don't get confuse, it's the friend that I really hate that much) always use dude to scream at me when I did something wrong (however that thing I did wrong is my own business, not her's). Oh well, if you guys don't understand, I got some short videos that I found on Youtube can help you understand more about acronyms.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5bl2-qU30A&ob=av3e

2 comments:

  1. Nice, Dubby! Yeah, nowadays people just use acronyms as slangs. Actually, I think a lot of adults also know some of our "slangs". Which is not so nice, because if we say somthing like STFU or WTF, they understand too, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, I meant RENEE!!!! Sry, I subscribed to all of you, so I didn't know it was you instead of Dubby! I'm SO, SO sorry!!

      Delete